Corte assists with the integration of newly combined organizations. Mergers and acquisitions require the careful design of a new organization that will bring value to the merger. We begin by defining that value so the combined organization can move in that direction.
- Rather than a political or power based solution to merger integration, Corte uses Intentional Design to create a combined organization that has alignment between the structural systems (ie the org structure and operating model) and the social systems (ie the skills of employees and the cultural norms).
- We use the Rapid Design Process to develop the new combined organization. We examine all aspects of the organization that are determined to be in scope. The new design might be more like one of the legacy organizations or entirely new, depending on the results of the assessment and the design process.
- Critical elements of the structural and social system will be defined so that members can have accurate expectations for how the new organization will operate. This will help members leave behind their old understanding of how the organization operates and make the new organization effective much more quickly.
- We create baseline metrics for the combined organization and a scorecard for tracking progress so that there is accountability for implementation.
- We work with the client to socialize the new design with those that will have to implement it. We work with leaders to make sure they can articulate the reasons for change and the nature of the changes so they can stand behind it and make it work.
- Align other aspects of the structural and social systems to make the new organization effective. This includes the operating model and the behavioral and cultural norms.
- We develop a detailed implementation plan so that the combined organization is implemented with excellence.