Corte assists organizations plan and establish new “greenfield” organizations and teams prior to start up. Starting with an intentionally designed organization or team can help avoid all kinds of start up and organizational evolution problems. With new organizations we typically:
- Define the new group’s core purpose, desired results, job descriptions and level of flexibility. Define measurement system, reporting relationships, consequence/reward system and other core aspects of design.
- Define how the groups will interact with suppliers, customers, peer groups, and what autonomy it has relative to its parent group.
- Define how the jobs and people will interact with technology/processes and how to make jobs good for the company and its people.
- Define the groups’s operating model, what meetings will be held, what information will be shared, the decision matrix, and role of leaders and members in daily operation and critical events.
- Define cultural and behavioral norms.
- Develop selection standards for hiring members.
- Develop implementation plans so that groups start up understanding the design of their organization and are able to execute on their purpose.